Wednesday, August 27, 2008

more conversations

mark: what's with everyone in the olympics getting caught doping? how can they live with themselves, having everyone think they are olympians when really they are cheating
me: i guess they just figure everyone does it. everybody cheats. i mean, remember that bobsled team that the coach got caught putting weights in the front of the sled, or something like that?
mark: that was cool runnings.

mark: did you know rainn wilson has a podcast?
me: who is rainn wilson?
mark: dwight. from the office. he writes about books and like, people who write books.
me: you mean authors.

me: what's wrong? (mark has been trying to write a long paper for a few hours and he looks frustrated.)
mark: i'm not smart. i'm just not smart. do you think i'm smart?
me: well....you're well-rounded.
mark: so you're saying i'm fat.

(next scene: i am laying on the couch because i accidentally fell asleep in the middle of the day and slept for 2 hours. mark comes bursting inside the house and jumps down on top of me on the couch. so he is giving me zero time to ease into waking up.)
me: ugh...go awaay...you're ruining my shalom.
mark: your shalom?
me: yes- my shalom. my peace. i had peace all around me until you came in here.
(keep in mind i have just been sleeping and my mascara is now smudged underneath my eyes and my hair is frizzy and dented.)
mark: you sure don't look like shalom.

6 comments:

Kate said...

4 out of 4 laughs. :)

and who knew cool runnings wasn't based on a true story???

staci with an i said...

OH MY GOOOOOOOSH could you be any funnier. blogs like this are why i voted for denise as the best blogger in your little survey on the side. sorry mark.

ally said...

and here i thought cool runnings was a documentary!

summerae said...

this is a dream blog and this why we keep coming back everyday to have a dose of denise.

Lauren H said...

oh my gosh. love it d, you are hilarious :)

kalle said...

this is unbelievable. "you're ruining my shalom" please please start a reality show.