Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gordon

We had our first weekend class and what a joy it was for me...(Mark) I absolutely loved it! It was the first class in which I have sat for 7 hours listening to any lecture and not blink. I didn't even want to take notes because I tend to miss what the speaker communicates if I write it down. So I watched Denise take notes..haha.

Dr. Garth Rosell was our teacher. He has been teaching this class for 40 years. Unreal huh? He is extremely gifted, he made me want to re-read the 100 grueling pages again because I felt like I had missed something.

He not only just told us dates, but helped us process the implications of what Martin Luther wrote, and helped us see how insanely disciplined John Calvin was despite his life of sickness.

I don't know I just really soaked it all up. What topped off the weekend was a great night with Aaron (O'Hare) my best friend, and Stacy his girlfriend. We loved eating with them and then fielding Aaron's barrage of questions about what the definition of a church is and what qualifies as a church and what should happen in a church. It was something he had been chewing on and wanted to get our thoughts. I loved it. I learned a lot, about what I just expected, and also what really is.

We'll see you guys next week. In the meantime, check out my "bots". (blog-on-the-side). It's a little experiment. www.flandaddy.blogspot.com



we love u.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am fond of that boy myself....although I am not really sure what is going on in this picture.

It was fun talking to you guys about the church the other night, even though it can be hard feeling tension in many issues. But, I guess you already understand that Mark, being the pastor of an eight lady church.